Top 10 Best Bike Helmets for Men in 2023 – Protect your noggin!
A man’s head is a lot bigger and heavier than a woman’s, so it’s important to find a bike helmet that’s comfortable and won’t give you a headache after a long ride.
We’ve rounded up the 10 best bike helmets for men, based on customer reviews, helmet features, and price.
Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or the best of the best, we’ve got you covered.
Best Bike Helmets for Men
Best Budget Bike Helmet
|Schwinn Thrasher Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Bike Helmet
|Giro Fixture MIPS Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Bike Helmet
|Avenir Adult-Men-Women Bike Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Helmet for Retrospec Bikes
|Retrospec Dakota Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Bike Helmet for Safety
|Zacro Adult Bike Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Helmet for Road Cycling
|Schwinn Intercept Bike Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Helmet for Night Riding
|Retrospec Lennon Bike Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Budget Helmet
|OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Budget Bike Helmet
|Giro Fixture Recreational Cycling Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
Best Bike Helmet for Mountain Biking
|Basecamp Bicycle Helmet||
|VIEW ON AMAZON|
1Schwinn Thrasher Helmet – Best Budget Bike Helmet
- The Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmet is a great choice for anyone looking for a lightweight, comfortable, and affordable helmet. This helmet features an adjustable dial fit system that makes it easy to get a custom fit, and 21 flow vents that help keep you cool. The detachable visor helps reduce glare, and the moisture-wicking pads help keep you dry. The Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmet is CPSC safety standard compliant and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Has a dial fit system
- Lightweight and durable
- 21 flow vents
- Visor for increased shade
- Moisture-wicking pads
- Sizing may run small
2Giro Fixture MIPS Helmet – Best Bike Helmet
color:Matte Black (2022)
size:Universal Adult (54-61 cm)
- The Giro Fixture is a MIPS equipped bike helmet that looks good and provides great protection on the trails. With its 18 Wind Tunnel vents, it’s one of the best ventilated helmets on the market, and the internal channeling provides even more cooling airflow. The in-molding construction is extremely durable, and the Universal Fit sizing means you can get the perfect fit, straight out of the box.
- Market-leading protection
- Integrated MIPS
- Universal fit sizing
3Avenir Adult-Men-Women Bike Helmet — Best Bike Helmet
- The GROTTICO bike helmet is a great choice for many different types of cyclists. The helmet is made with an In-Mold construction which fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the impact-absorbing foam liner. This makes the helmet tough, lightweight, and comfortable all at the same time. The helmet also features an adjustable fit system and comes with two different visors (one clear and one tinted). The helmet also has a built-in safety rear light which is USB rechargeable.
- -Safety features
-Extra inner pads and visors included
- -May be too tight for some people’s heads
4Retrospec Dakota Helmet – Best Helmet for Retrospec Bikes
- The Retrospec Dakota is a great choice for those looking for a functional, good-looking, and affordable helmet. This helmet will protect your noggin’ whether you’re riding your bike, skateboarding, roller skating, or scooting around. The ABS shell with EPS foam liner is tough and will keep you safe in the event of a fall. The 10 vents will keep you cool and comfortable, even on long days of riding. The Dewcollector interior padding technology wicks away sweat, stench, and bacteria, keeping you dry and irritation-free. The adjustable straps can be tightened or loosened for a customized fit and feel. This helmet is recommended for riders who are age 14+. Pick from a variety of matte colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality.
- ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam
- 10 vents for cooling
- Adjustable straps for a custom fit
- Recommended for riders age 14+
5Zacro Adult Bike Helmet – Best Bike Helmet for Safety
size:Universal Adult(54-62 cm)
- The Zacro Bike Helmet is a high-performance, CE- certified helmet that is suitable for both men and women. It has an all-in-one polycarbonate solid shell and high-density shock-absorbing EPS foam that effectively reduces impact forces and provides reliable safety. The helmet also has a special aerodynamic design and 18 vents to keep your head cool and dry. Additionally, the helmet is ultra-lightweight and features a removable inner pad and visor. It also has an adjustable dial system and side straps to provide a custom fit for most adults.
- CE Marked and CPSC Approved
- Polycarbonate solid PC shell
- High-density shock-absorbing EPS foam
- Aerodynamic design
- Removable inner pad and visor
- Adjustable dial system
- Side straps
- Fit for most teens and adults
- Moisture-wicking linings
6Schwinn Intercept Bike Helmet – Best Helmet for Road Cycling
- The Schwinn Intercept is a great bike helmet for kids and adults. The helmet has an adjustable dial fit that offers superior 360˚ adjustability for a custom fit. The snap on/off visor protects eyes from the sun and offers multisport versatility. The helmet has 26 crucial air vents that provide maximum ventilation, keeping heads cool on hot summer rides. The helmet also has upper and lower PC micro shell coverage that delivers improved protection and durability. The Schwinn Intercept complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older.
- Adjustable dial for a custom fit
- Snap on/off visor
- 26 crucial vents
- Upper and lower PC micro shell coverage
7Retrospec Lennon Bike Helmet – Best Helmet for Night Riding
- Retrospec Lennon Bike Helmet with LED Safety Light Adjustable Dial & Removable Visor is a great helmet for both casual and serious cyclists. It has 15 vents with inside air-channels to keep you cool and comfortable, and the removable padding can be washed. The ErgoKnob-2 dial-fit adjustment system lets you get the perfect fit, and the built-in 5-LED safety light on the back of helmet keeps you visible and safe on the road. Pick from a variety of bright colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality.
- LED safety light
- Adjustable ErgoKnob-2 dial-fit adjustment system
- 15 vents with inside air-channels
- Universal fit
- 5-LED safety light
8OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet — Best Budget Helmet
- OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet is a safe and durable helmet for Extreme sports. The helmet is made of reinforced ABS shell and thickened shock-absorbing EPS core. The double adjustable straps and the comfortable chin strap keep the helmet in place during riding. The smooth ventilation system keeps your head cool and dry. The helmet is suitable for skating, cycling, BMX, MTB and other extreme sports. The helmet is available in three sizes and four colors.
- OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet is certified by CPSC and CE. The helmet is made of high quality materials and it is impact resistant. The helmet has a smooth ventilation system and it is comfortable to wear. The helmet is adjustable and it is suitable for different head sizes. The helmet is available in four colors.
- OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet is a great gift for Extreme sports lovers. The helmet is made of high quality materials and it is impact resistant. The helmet has a smooth ventilation system and it is comfortable to wear. The helmet is adjustable and it is suitable for different head sizes. The helmet is available in four colors.
- Dual Safety Certifications
- Removable liners
- chin strap may not be comfortable for some people
9Giro Fixture Recreational Cycling Helmet – Best Budget Bike Helmet
size:Universal Adult (54-61 cm)
- The Giro Fixture is a great choice for the recreational cyclist looking for protection, comfort and style all in one package. This helmet is loaded with features typically found in more expensive helmets, but offered at an unbeatable value.
The Giro Fixture features in-mold construction, which fuses the helmet’s tough outer shell with its impact-absorbing foam liner. This not only makes the helmet lighter and cooler, but also helps it hold up better over time. The helmet also features Giro’s Acu Dial fit system, which makes it easy to adjust the fit of the helmet with just one hand. 18 vents keep you cool, even on the hottest days.
The Giro Fixture comes in two sizes, universal adult (54-61 cm) and universal youth (50-57 cm). It is available in three colors: matte grey, white and black.
- Good ventilation
- Universal fit
- No adjustable headrest or backrest
10Basecamp Bicycle Helmet — Best Bike Helmet for Mountain Biking
- Basecamp cycling helmet is specially designed for road cycling or mountain biking. It is made of lightweight and breathable materials, which can make you feel comfortable and cool even in hot days.
The helmet is equipped with a detachable taillight, which can help people behind you recognized your direction clearly and provide max visibility and safety while night riding.
It also has a sun visor, which can provide shade and reduce glare when biking. The visor is detachable, so you can take it off when you don’t need it.
The helmet has an adjustable fit system, which can be adjusted to different head size and fit most cycling riders. The helmet is also super light-weighted, only 270g, so it will not cause any burden to the rider’s head.
- -Impact resistant
-Detachable LED taillight
-Adjustable fit system
-Aerodynamic and ventilated
mens bike helmet Buying Guide
How to choose the best bike helmet for men
When it comes to choosing the best bike helmet for men, there are a few factors you need to consider.
The first thing to consider is the type of cycling you do. If you’re mostly cycling on paved surfaces, then you can choose a road bike helmet. If you’re into mountain biking or off-road cycling, then you need a mountain bike helmet.
The next thing to consider is the fit. A helmet that doesn’t fit well won’t offer the level of protection you need in case of an accident. The best way to ensure a good fit is to try on different models and sizes until you find one that feels comfortable and doesn’t move around when you shake your head.
Another important factor is ventilation. A good bike helmet should have plenty of ventilation holes so that your head stays cool even when you’re cycling in hot weather.
Finally, consider the price. There are helmets available at all price points, so find one that fits your budget without compromising on quality.
With these factors in mind, here are five of the best bike helmets for men:
1) Bell Qualifier DLX Helmet
This road bike helmet from Bell is highly rated by users for its excellent fit and comfortable padding. It also has plenty of ventilation holes for cooling, and it comes in several different colors so you can choose the one that suits your style. Price: $69
2) Giro Sutton MIPS Helmet
If you’re looking for a mountain bike helmet that offers great protection, then check out the Giro Sutton MIPS Helmet. It features MIPS technology (multi-directional impact protection system), which gives your head an extra layer of protection in case of an accident. Price: $99
3) Bern Brentwood Bike Helmet This stylish bike helmet from Bern is perfect for everyday use. It has a durable construction and comes in several different colors, so you can choose the one that matches your wardrobe. Price: $40 4) Lazer Blade Road Bike Helmet If you’re looking for a high-quality road bike helmet at a budget price, then take a look at the Lazer Blade. It features an aerodynamic design to help reduce wind resistance and comes in several different colors to match your style. Price: $50 5) Nutcase Little Nutty Street Bike Helmet This funky little street bike helmet from Nutcase is perfect for kids and adults alike. It has a comfy fit and plenty of ventilation holes to keep your head cool on hot days. Price: $60
10 factors to consider when buying a bike helmet for men
Biking is a great exercise and a fun way to get around, but it’s important to stay safe while you’re doing it. Wearing a bike helmet is critical for preventing injuries, so it’s important to choose the right one. Here are 10 factors to consider when buying a bike helmet for men:
The first thing to consider when buying a bike helmet is how well it fits. It should be snug but not too tight, and it should cover your forehead completely. Make sure the chin strap is adjustable so that you can get a tight fit.
Bike helmets come in different sizes, so make sure you choose the right one. Measure your head circumference and compare it to the sizing chart on the helmet’s packaging.
There are many different styles of bike helmets available, from basic and utilitarian to flashy and stylish. Choose the style that best suits your needs and taste.
Bike helmets can vary in weight, so choose one that is lightweight enough for you to wear comfortably without feeling weighed down.
Bike helmets with more ventilation are better for summer weather because they allow air to circulate freely through the helmet. If you plan to ride in cold weather, choose a helmet with good insulation instead of ventilation.
Price is always a consideration when making any purchase, and bike helmets are no exception. Be sure to shop around and find one that fits your budget while still meeting your safety requirements.
The ultimate guide to buying a bike helmet for men
There is no question that a bike helmet is an essential piece of safety gear when riding a bicycle, whether for transportation or for recreation. But with so many helmets on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
This guide will help you to select the perfect bike helmet for men, based on your needs and preferences. We’ll start by discussing the different types of bike helmets available, and then we’ll go over some important features to look for when choosing a helmet. Finally, we’ll provide a few tips on how to fit a bike helmet properly.
Bike helmets come in three main styles: road biking helmets, mountain biking helmets, and city biking helmets.
Road biking helmets are designed to provide maximum protection during high-speed cycling activities. They typically have more ventilation than other types of helmets, and they’re often fitted with a visor to protect your eyes from the sun and rain.
Mountain biking helmets are heavier and more durable than road biking helmets, and they include extra features like ear flaps to keep out bugs and debris. They’re also designed to protect against impacts from falling objects or bumps in the trail.
City biking helmets are similar to road biking helmets but are often less aerodynamic in design. They’re ideal for casual cyclists who want protection from traffic accidents and wind noise.
When selecting a bike helmet, it’s important to consider the type of cycling you do most often. If you ride mainly on paved roads, then a road biking helmet is probably your best option. If you ride off-road or on rough terrain, then a mountain biking helmet would be a better choice. And if you mainly cycle around town, then a city biking helmet would be best.
Once you’ve determined the style of helmet that’s right for you, there are several other factors to consider when making your purchase.
One of the most important things to look for is size adjustment system that will ensure a snug fit. Most bike helmets have adjustable straps and/or an adjustable ring inside the helmet that can be tightened or loosened as needed. Make sure the adjustment system is easy to use so that you can get a good fit every time you put on your helmet.
Other features to look for include vents for cooling air flow, rear-view mirrors for safety, and sunglasses clips or loops for attaching sunglasses securely. Some mountain biking helmets also include built-in lights for increased visibility at night.
Finally, it’s important to remember that not all bike helmets are created equal. The most expensive model isn’t necessarily the best one for you – it’s important to find a model that fits your needs and fits well too. So take your time in selecting the perfect bike helmet and don’t be afraid to try on several different models before making your final decision.
5 mistakes to avoid when buying a bike helmet for men
A recent study by the University of South Carolina revealed that most bike accidents occur within a mile from home, so it’s important to have the right gear when hitting the road. A good bike helmet is one of the most important pieces of equipment you can buy. But before you invest in one, make sure you avoid these five mistakes:
- Not checking fit
The first mistake people often make when buying a bike helmet is not checking the fit. Just because a helmet fits in the store doesn’t mean it will fit when you’re out on your bike. Make sure to try on several different models and sizes to find the perfect fit. The helmet should be snug but not too tight, and it should sit level on your head.
- Buying a cheap helmet
Another common mistake is buying a cheap helmet instead of investing in a quality model. A cheap helmet may seem like a good deal, but it likely won’t protect your head as well in case of an accident. It’s worth spending a little more for a quality helmet that will keep you safe while biking.
- Choosing the wrong style
There are many different types of bike helmets available on the market, and it can be confusing to know which one is right for you. Some people choose to buy a skateboard-style helmet, while others prefer a more traditional style with more padding. It’s important to choose a style that fits your needs and provides maximum protection in case of an accident.
- Not wearing your helmet correctly
It’s also important to wear your bike helmet correctly for maximum protection. Many people make the mistake of not adjust their helmets properly, which can lead to serious injury in case of an accident. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions and adjust your helmet accordingly. It should fit snugly on your head and shouldn’t move around when you shake your head side to side.
- Not replacing your old helmet
Finally, don’t forget to replace your old bike helmet every few years. Bike helmets expire just like any other piece of safety equipment, and they won’t protect you as well if they are outdated or damaged. Be sure to check the expiration date on your helmet and replace it if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
How do I measure my head for a bike helmet?
When buying a kids’ bike helmet, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Size is obviously important, as you want the helmet to fit your child properly. You’ll also want to make sure the helmet is certified by a safety organization like the CPSC or Snell.
One other thing to look for when purchasing a bike helmet for your child is adjustability. Many kids’ helmets have adjustable straps and headbands so that they can grow with the child. This is important, as a properly fitted helmet is key to preventing injuries in the event of a crash.
Finally, be sure to read up on proper installation and wearing tips before your child takes their new bike helmet out for its first spin!
How effective are bike helmets at preventing injury?
The purpose of this article is to teach you how to measure your head for a bike helmet. Measuring your head for a bike helmet is important because it ensures that you are purchasing the correct size helmet. A correctly fitted bike helmet can help to prevent injuries in the event of an accident.
There are two methods for measuring your head for a bike helmet. The first method is to use a cloth tape measure and the second method is to use a piece of string or cord.
Method 1: Using a cloth tape measure
Wrap the cloth tape measure around the widest part of your head, just above your eyebrows. Make sure that the tape measure is snug and not too tight or too loose.
Write down the measurement in inches or centimeters.
Compare this measurement to the size chart on the bike helmet’s packaging or on the manufacturer’s website. Choose the size that corresponds to your measurement.
Method 2: Using a piece of string or cord
- Cut a piece of string or cord that is about 60 inches long (152 cm).
- Put the string or cord around your head, making sure that it is snug and not too tight or too loose. You may want to ask someone else to help you do this.
- Mark where the ends of the string or cord overlap with a pen or pencil.
- Measure the length of the string or cord between the two marks and write it down in inches or centimeters.
5, Compare this measurement to the size chart on the bike helmet’s packaging or on the manufacturer’s website . Choose the size that corresponds to your measurement
Do all bike helmets offer the same level of protection?
Bike helmets are effective at preventing head injuries and other serious injuries in the event of a crash. They work by absorbing the energy from the impact, which can help to reduce the severity of an injury.
Despite their protective benefits, however, bike helmets are not 100% effective. In some cases, they can even increase the risk of injury. For example, if a cyclist falls off their bike but their helmet remains attached to their head, they may be more likely to suffer a neck injury.
Ultimately, whether or not you decide to wear a bike helmet is up to you. However, it is important to keep in mind that they can help reduce your risk of serious injury in the event of a crash.
What should I do if my bike helmet takes a hit?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on both the specific helmet and the type of impact it is protecting against. However, in general, all bike helmets offer a certain level of protection against impacts, both minor and major.
It is important to remember that not all helmets are created equal, and some are better at protecting against specific types of impacts than others. For example, a helmets designed specifically for mountain biking may be better at protecting against falls and other impacts encountered while riding off-road, while a road cycling helmet may be better at protecting against collisions with cars.
In most cases, however, any bike helmet will offer some level of protection against both minor and major impacts. This is why it is so important to always wear a helmet when riding a bike, regardless of the type of riding you are doing.
Are there any special considerations I need to take into account when buying a kids’ bike helmet?
If you’re unfortunate enough to take a hit while wearing your bike helmet, then the first thing you need to do is determine if you’ve been injured. Many people only suffer minor scrapes and bruises, but it’s still important to check for more serious injuries. If there doesn’t seem to be any major damage, then the next step is to clean and disinfect the wound.
Once the injury has been taken care of, it’s time to assess the helmet itself. Some cracks or dents aren’t a big deal, but others could mean that the helmet isn’t doing its job anymore. If there’s any significant damage, then it’s time to replace the helmet.
Even if the helmet seems to be in good condition, it’s still a good idea to replace it every few years. This is especially important if you’ve had any major crashes while wearing it.